Monday 25 February 2013

Day 11: Mango Smoothie

I have had some sliced Mangoes in my freezer for about a month. We were so happy to find that this house has not one but TWO mango trees! So over summer we had a huge glut of mangoes and I decided to freeze A LOT as there was just now way we could have eaten them all.

So today I am sharing a VERY filling Mango smoothie. Please note that Smoothies are usually my breakfast and all these smoothies are around 300-350 calories. I don't tend to have any morning snacks so these smoothies all get me well and truly through to lunch without me feeling peckish.



Ingredients:


1 cup Mango
1 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup oats
1 tsp chia seeds
1 tsp flaxseed (linseed meal)
Ice


Blitz in a blender and enjoy!


This recipe is a part of my 31 Days of Smoothies series.

I am linking up here:
Fluster Buster

7 comments:

  1. I should make this, I just picked up some Chia seeds last time I was at Winco. Sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do make it, I'd love to know what you though :)

      Delete
  2. mango trees, wow! so jealous ;) i just stuck a couple of mangos into the freezer, and as soon as i receive my vitamix i'll be making this. just found you via whole food kitchen, it's great isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Gaby - so jealous of the mango trees! All your smoothies made my moth water! Must. Make. Some!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have lots of mangoes in my freezer from our trees. I have tried several mango smoothies but your is different. I will have to try it.
    Have a great week,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! My daughter will be so excited when I try this. She is obsessed with mango smoothies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Newest follower here! I found you through the blog hop. You have a super cute blog! I look forward to reading more.

    You can find me at meandmr.com

    -Melanie @meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete