Saturday 2 March 2013

Summer House

I was on a roll this weekend. I finished not one but TWO quilt tops in as many days! I was super excited but this fact and just had to share my latest quilt top with you.

It was made with a Jelly Roll of Summer House by Lily Ashbury. I started it a long long time ago.





When I first started piecing it I had no idea how I wanted the layout to go, so I just cut the jelly roll strips in half and started sewing them together. Then the other night I decided I wanted to finish it soon, but still didn't know how I wanted to go about that. As I was falling to sleep that night it just all came to me!

I decided to cut the strips down to 10.5 x 10.5 inch squares and then rotate every second block.


It came together really quickly and I am really happy with the results.



But I need some help!

What colour backing would you use?

And what about the binding??

I am linking up here:

Show and Tell Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment