Wednesday 6 March 2013

Day 20: Choc Banana Smoothie

Earlier this week I received a long awaited delivery of my order from Loving Earth. Well I say long awaited because it felt like forever for it to arrive when really it was less than a fortnight.

I had been crafting a wish list of items from them for a long time, and I had been saving my pennies so that I could put it a substantial order to make it worth while.

Two such items on my wish list were Rainbow Superfood Blend and Organic Raw Cacao Powder.


So of course I had to include them in today's smoothie! And I have recently noticed that green smoothies have been receiving some negative feedback, so today I thought I would ditch the green and just go with a simple Banana and Chocolate Smoothie.

But I did want to mention green smoothies today. About 2 years ago I never thought I would ever ever ever try a Green Smoothie. I mean spinach, kale or chard in a smoothie? YUCK! But then one day I thought, what the hell. I am always banging on to the kids that they need to try things so why not take my own advise and give it a go. And I can honestly say that I have not had one bad green smoothie yet. The trick is to balance the flavours. If you are just starting out in green smoothies, stick to 'safe' flavours like this Berry, Orange and Spinach Smoothie, or even this Green Peanut Butter Smoothie. But please don't discount them. They are a great way to pack a lot of nutrients into one meal and are actually really filling.

Anyway, back to today's smoothie!



Ingredients:


1 Banana
1 table spoon of Organic Raw Cacao Powder
1 table spoon of Rainbow Super Food Blend
1 cup of milk of your choice

Blitz in blender and enjoy


This post is a part of my 31 Days of Smoothies Series. 

6 comments:

  1. Yum! I wouldn't actually mind trying green smoothies, but I just haven't really got the right set up for it here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am lucky that I have my thermomix. I just chuck everything in and away I go. But yes, if I didn't have my thermie, I would no doubt be having them less often.

      Delete
  2. I had my first green smoothie yesterday, I'm converted! It's such a good way, like you said.. To get some extra goodness in your drink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, isn't it! Some days I think I can almost have had my recommended serves of veg by morning tea!

      Delete
  3. This sounds amazing! And I LOVE green smoothies. I pack mine full of spinach (like 3 cups) and absolutely hate cooked spinach! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate cooked spinach too! I don't mind it slightly wilted, but I LOVE it in smoothies!

      Delete