Saturday 23 February 2013

One Pot Wonder: Spinach, Tomato and Couscous

I have been eating a lot of chickpeas lately, they are a really versatile item that can pretty much go with anything. The other night the kids and B were eating spaghetti bolognese and since I am calorie counting I thought I would/should have something else. So couscous and chickpeas it was. I really do need to add some protein to this though, I think I will try eggs next time.
Please excuse the dodgy iPhone photo! It was delicious, I promise!

Ingredients:


1/4 cup couscous
5 cherry tomatoes
1 cup chickpeas (precooked or canned)
1 handful of baby spinach
1/2 red onion
1tps cumin
1tps paprika
1tps garlic powder
1tps of rice bran oil for couscous
1tps herbamere seasoned salt for couscous

Method:

1. Finely slice red onion, and cut cherry tomatoes in half
2. Season 1/4 cup of water with Herbamere and Rice bran oil and bring to boil.
3. Once water is boiling add couscous, cover pot and remove from heat. Leave to sit for 2 minutes.
4. Remove couscous from pot and rice bran oil and red onion, saute red onion to it goes translucent
5. Add spices and continue to stir for a minute
6. Add tomatoes and chickpeas and cook until tomatoes start to reduce.
7. Add spinach and cook until it starts to wilt.
8. Serve over Couscous and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment