Wednesday 20 February 2013

Day 6: Peanut Butter and Banana Smoothie



I use Chia Seeds a lot. I first found out about then when they were sent to me to try about 18 months ago and we have used them ever since. I use them in yoghurt, on cereal, added in my baking and well as you would know by now in smoothies.

Chia Seeds are high in antioxidants and Omega 3 ALA's. They are a fantastic source of protien and do wonders for digestion.

Instead of rehashing the benefits of Chia seeds, I found you some awesome links around the web that you really should check out.

13 reasons to eat chia seeds everyday

Sarah Wilson: Chia Seeds

Honest to Goodness: Chia Seeds Recipes

The Chia Co



Peanut Butter and Banana Smoothie

Ingredients:


1 banana
1 tbs peanut butter
1 tsp chia seeds
1 cup milk of your choice
3/4 cup ice


Blitz in blender and enjoy


This post is apart of my 31 Days of Smoothies Series. You can find other smoothie recipes here 

I am linking up with Anne from Domesblissity for Thriving on Thursdays

No comments:

Post a Comment