Thursday 21 February 2013

Sweet Pouch Swap

Last month I signed up for a swap over at Sew Delicious. It was a sweet pouch swap, I was excited and a little dubious on my zipper sewing abilities. I used to sew zipper pouches a lot and zipper were never my strong suit. I could do them, but no matter how many times I have sewn with them I have to concentrate, A LOT. And well, I haven't sewn with a zipper for well over a year. So I was back to being scared of them.

Silly I know, but hey, I am a big old scaredy pants at heart!

I knew what fabric I wanted to use for the pouch and I knew I wanted it to have a scrappy pieced look.

So I sat down with my scraps and set about sewing them together any which way.



I had a bit of trouble with the zipper, so I hope my recipient is forgiving on that fact.





But I am happy with the overall result. And I hope my partner likes it too.


Thanks so much to Ros for running this swap. It was fun!


I am linking up with And Sew We Craft, Talkin Thursday, My Creative Space, Inspiration in Progress


2 comments:

  1. That is so cute! Looks like you did an excellent job on the zipper. Also, I love the fact that you lined it too. Good Job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you quilted more for this little pouch than I ever have in my life! Very impressive.

    ReplyDelete