Monday 18 February 2013

Day 4: Banana, Orange and Spinach Smoothie

I have been using a lot of spinach lately. It's not cheap here (well nothing is really cheap here) so I am going to attempt to grow that along with my kale.

I never used to like spinach, I think that's because my Mum used to boil it within an inch of it's life. But now I am using it every day, either in smoothies, wraps or as a part of my main meal.

And the kids are loving it in smoothies too. They don't realise they are having spinach, I just tell them that they are having a green monster smoothie and they devour it quick smart.



Banana Orange and Spinach Smoothie (serves approximately 3 people)

Ingredients:


3 bananas (frozen)
3 oranges
1 cup Low Fat Milk milk
2 handfuls of spinach
1tbs flaxseed
1tbs chia seeds


Blitz in blender and watch the kids devour it! 


This recipe is a part of my 31 Days of Smoothies series.

I am linking up with Jess for IBOT

6 comments:

  1. Awesome! I'm thinking of making these smoothies for Lior to get some extra veggies into him! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kids aren't evening noticing the vege that they are eating at the moment. It is also making dinner time less stressful as I know they are getting a lot of their daily vege intake in their smoothies.

      Delete
  2. That's an interesting combo...might have to try it sometime...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hesitant to add the orange, but I had some that were not 100% fresh and needed to be used, so I threw them in and was pleasantly surprised by the results. The orange totally makes this smoothie.

      Delete
  3. Now that I have discovered that Mia likes milkshakes I have been thinking of making smoothies again and I know she would love this! I might have to give it a go.

    #teamIBOT was here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, I grow lots of our veggies, bit expensive to start up but over the years has paid for itself over and over

    ReplyDelete