Sunday 17 February 2013

Day 3: Kale, Apple and Maple Smoothie

Welcome back for Day 3 of 31 Days of Smoothies. This recipe is a favourite of mine, but one I haven't been able to have since we moved here as I have been unable to source Kale. But I did order some kale seeds last week so I am hoping to be able to grow my own and start bringing this smoothie into regular rotation.

Have I told you how much I love Kale? It is great in stir fry's, as chips and of course in smoothies. So I have been super sad that I haven't been able to source it since I got here in December last year. Fingers crossed I will actually be able to grow it hear in our Hot and Dry climate.

Kale, Apple and Maple Smoothie

Ingredients:

4-6 leaves of Kale (washed and stem removed)
1 Apple
1 Banana
1 1/2 cup milk of your choice
1 tsp of Maple Syrup (you could add move if you wanted it a little sweeter)

Blitz the lot in your blender (I use a Thermomix) until it is combined well and enjoy! 










No comments:

Post a Comment