Sunday 8 April 2012

I Love Hugh...


Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall that is. River Cottage is a one of those TV Shows that I schedule and record every week with out fail. I don't miss an episode, ever!

The kids even enjoy watching it and ask questions frequently. I like that they are starting to learning where their meat comes from and with the current Veg Everyday series they are starting to learn about more veg and showing an interest in trying a lot of other vegetables that they have previously dismissed. Caden even planted his own peas last week.

Me, I dream of day living on a few acres of land and living in as self sustainably as possible. B on the other hand, isn't so keen. But he no longer leaves the room when River Cottage comes on, I have actually started noticing him coming from other areas of the house and sitting down to watch it with me. Maybe my dreams are rubbing off on him?! I can only hope.

At the moment I will have to make do with growing crops in pots on our modest suburban block of land with our 4 fruit trees and our family pets. I will continue dreaming of one day owning chickens and other animals and digging in our own vegetable gardens and living a simple sustainable life.

What do you dream of? Is living a self sufficient sustainable way something that appeals to you, or does it make you want to run for the hills?

2 comments:

  1. Oooh yes, it does appeal greatly. I've not properly stuck into it since coming here (we only have 1/4 acre but it's a great step up from the little square footage we had for the 11 yrs before that!). I hope the River Cottage series continues to do its work on your beloved. And I do hope one day you realise that dream, it sounds wonderful and something I'd love to head towards as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh 1/4 acre, I am jealous of that!

      And yes, I hope River Cottage continues to work its magic on him. I have started watches the Gourmet Farmer too and since that is a little closer to home it might just push him over the edge :P

      Delete