Wednesday 25 April 2012

Finding balance

{image source}
I know some of you hate the word balance along with the metaphorical juggling act, but that is probably the best way to describe what is happening here at the moment.

I simply have no balance and have dropped all my balls. The washing is out of control, I am behind in everything AND I start work again next week, so all of this is making me a little stressed. I know we will get there and I know everything will be fine, but it is still stressing me out.

B's work is still up in the air. He has been in a relief position since February, but it is no longer a relief position any more as the person he was relieving has another position with the company. So being in limbo is making it all the more hard to cope with the changes that are happening here. I don't know if I have to find more or less care for the kids while I am work as we don't know if B will stay on day work or go back to day/night shifts... 

Sorry for the brain dump, I just needed to get this out.

Do you cope with change well? Or dealing with the unknown?

Hopefully we will find out what is happening with B's work soon so we can have some kind of stability.

Okay, rambling over... for now.


4 comments:

  1. I also feel like I'm drowning in the everyday stuff. It's great to know what lays ahead so that you can make plans so that everything runs smoother and everyone's happy. Hope everything falls into place for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is all about balance and I can fully understand how you're feeling. Hang in there Amy - balance will return - it always done in the end:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cope with change okay but I CANNOT stand the unknown. I'm absolutely hopeless at waiting….. If it makes you feel any better I have been close to tears this week because I just couldn't keep all my 'juggling balls' up in the air either. Sometimes there is just so much to juggle!! I always used to think that it would be easier as my kids grew older but actually it just seems to get busier and busier!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snap on the musings on balance today! LOL

    You know what gets me out of whack more than anything.... it's the uncertainty of my husbands shifts. If only he was on a 7 day cycle, not an 8 day cycle.. then at least I'd be able to organise some kind of weekly routine... It kills me!

    I try to just ignore him and set up a routine that works for me and the kids, then try and slot him in around it... not perfect but it keeps me somewhat sane.

    Hope things settle for you soon!

    ReplyDelete