Wednesday 20 July 2011

My Creative Space

I have had pretty much no time yet again for any type of crafting this week. I did manage to almost finish Mahli's scarf that I started months ago and I did cast on Caden's scarf to try and stop him nagging me to start it...
 I really must get a jump on there scarves though as we are heading to the snow in less than 6 weeks and we have a shortage of winter gear to keep us all warm. My awesome Granny has been busy knitting them mittens and beanies and a few jumpers for Ethan, I can't wait for the day when I can knit as fast as her!

This is one of the jumpers she knitted for Ethan. I love the colours... not that you can see them in these photos, my camera battery is flat so have had to resort to the iPhone for photos


I also have fabric cut out waiting to be sewn up into this jacket for Mahli.


And am looking for a pattern for the boys so I can make them some jackets too. I was looking at the downtown boy pattern but am not sure...

Then depending on the time I have left I am going to try my hand at making myself a jacket... wish me luck.

I did manage to start cutting the fabric for the quilts I mentioned last week, but have had no time to actually sew anything up. Fingers crossed for next week.

For more creative spaces pop on over to Our Creative Spaces and check out all the crafty goodness.

6 comments:

  1. THat little jumper looks so cute!! Nothing like grandma hand knitted jumpers I say :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!! That jacket is devine..now if only I could sew :(

    Although I do agree, there is something so satisfying about anything hand knitted really that cannot be bet. Nothing seems so snuggly, does it? My Nan used to make me jumpers as a little girl and said they were 'made with extra cuddles built in' :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy knitting and sewing!! Ooo and I love the granny jumpers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that Jumper, Grannies are so awesome. My mum just knitted my bubba a suit - with no pattern... whilst she was in hospital - they are just too awesome for words they are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mum has that pattern to make into a jacket for my lil girl! I love it!

    ReplyDelete