Thursday 21 July 2011

I'm Banned from Etsy...

I have put myself of an self imposed ban from Etsy. We are heading off on holidays in a about 6 weeks and we are budgeting down to the last cent so that we can enjoy our holiday and also make it home with enough money to pay 2 car rego's and council rates... So I am not even going to tempt myself with any window shopping online.

Etsy is evil with all the pretty wares and the fabrics just calling my name wishing to be made into a skirt for Mahli or a pair of short for Ethan or Caden, or maybe even another quilt top that will take me ages to actually finish... Or that cute pendant... Or that gorgeous dress...

Argh, so it is just easier for me to just stay away! Do you lack will power when it comes to shopping? It is my feel good thing, shopping makes me happy, lame I know!

So no more Etsy until the end of September at least! Wish me luck!!!

7 comments:

  1. Oh Etsy is evil! I love it! I try to be really good though, and if I look at something and think: "my mum could make that" then it doesn't get bought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't bought anything from there... but I used to have a job where I ridiculed it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. may the force be with you! stay strong. i think i need to do that. it's a mammoth task you have set yourself. but perhaps you could reward yourself with a little etsy splurge at the end of september. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Etsy has been my vice lately - but, oh! The pretty things! So many talented people and aren't we beholden to support them in the face of overwhelming mass production? No, No! I must be strong! The good thing about Etsy is, there are always new wonders to ooh and aah over, so a little break doesn't do any real harm, there'll be great stuff waiting when you go back after your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhh Good Luck Amy! I'm the same with ebay. Sometimes I ban myself but when I go back I usually shop like mad! It really is just too easy to shop online.Still a fun holiday is something to look forward to. Shame you have to come home to such yukky bills. :( I just paid my rates and my rego so I empathise! Comfort shopping is one of my biggest vices and I just had a massive shopping binge this last week!I think it's a woman thing lol. have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes, super crazy ..etsy banned me ..only smaller issue :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you read my post right. I banned myself from Etsy in an attempt to save some money...

      I haven't actually been banned from Etsy...

      Delete