Monday 6 June 2011

#Trust30- Post it

That which each can do best, none but his Maker can teach him. Where is the master who could have taught Shakespeare? Where is the master who could have instructed Franklin, or Washington, or Bacon, or Newton? . . . Shakespeare will never be made by the study of Shakespeare. Do that which is assigned you, and you cannot hope too much or dare too much. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Identify one of your biggest challenges at the moment (ie I don’t feel passionate about my work) and turn it into a question (ie How can I do work I’m passionate about?) Write it on a post-it and put it up on your bathroom mirror or the back of your front door. After 48-hours, journal what answers came up for you and be sure to evaluate them.




Okay, so like every mother that has ever walked the earth. I am finding that I don't have enough time to do things solely for myself. No big miraculous discovery there. But I am certain that I will be making time for myself.

So just how am I going to make more time for myself?

Well one day a week on B's days off I will have at least 3 hours to spend doing what I want. Be it sewing, reading, actually leaving the house without any offspring, blogging...

B has agreed that it is fair since he has at least two footy training sessions and a game every week. We even put this into action yesterday. B did the fun stuff I would usually do on a Monday like mop the floors and I disappeared to my sewing room aka half the garage and busted out my brooches for the Brooch swap I am taking part in. And you know what? I was calm and stress free for most of the day. It really helped with my mood and is book in again for next week so I won't have to wait until all kids are peacefully sleeping to be able to have some me time!

6 comments:

  1. Everyone needs some 'me' time. Good luck with making yours work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking about this very thing lately too. Going out away from my kids is not really an option for me right now so I'm trying to come up with other ways to get some time to myself.... I hope you manage to find some space too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, I totally agree with mums needing time for themselves; NEED it. A wee bit of freedom can go a long, long way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you manage to get your me time. I am in despirate need of some me time myself. Im your newest follower too followed you from glowless FYBF :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are totally right that so many mums feels this way. I totally do!

    I am lucky that my kids are good sleepers but still by the time they are in bed (and i do the bed/bath/sleep routine alone 5 nights a week or more) I am too exhausted to do much more than veg in front of the computer.

    Maybe I need to implement something like this with my husband!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many of us forget Me Time even when we keep thinking about it. I know I do - so good on you for scheduling it in!

    ReplyDelete