Friday 26 July 2013

The Amazings: Handsew a Heirloom Patchwork Quilt

Over the past few weeks I have been trying out a few new classes over at The Amazings.

One of which was Handsew a Heirloom Patchwork Quilt. The class revolved around using the english paper piecing method to piece together a handmade quilt.


I really enjoyed the class, you see I have been wanting to try English Paper Piecing for a long time but always put it down to being to hard or time consuming. And whilst yes it is time consuming it's not hard and seeing as though it is so portable the time consuming part really doesn't matter much!


The class is in video format and is broken into 10 videos each broken up into the steps needed to complete a large hexagon quilt. This format made it easy to understand and because once you purchase the course it is your forever you can always go back later on to check anything and make sure you are doing it correctly. 


Now whilst I would like to make a quilt as large as Virginia's, I am going to be starting small and focusing on a few rosette's first.



I cut the papers, fabric and basted the hexies in one evening and then the next afternoon finished the rosette. With the help of the course videos it was an easy project. 


And this rosette is destined to be appliqued to a cushion cover. I see many appliqued cushion covers in my future actually and maybe a few wall hangings too! 


I think I may have just discovered a new love interest!

How about you? Have you done any English Paper Piecing? 




Disclaimer: I was gifted this class for the purpose of review.


No comments:

Post a Comment