Thursday 11 July 2013

Love Squared

Today it is B and I's wedding anniversary. We were married 5 years ago today and have been together for 11 years. This year has been a huge year for us, what with moving across the country and losing our support systems. But it has been great for our relationship and I wanted to make him some that simply said I love you.




And I think this does.

It's my first time piecing something this small. All the squares are 2.5 inches and man did I learn a lot from this little wall hanging. It is far from perfect, but the fact that I learnt so much from this little piece is worth it completely. I plan on making this in a larger size too. Still with 2.5 inch squares though, so it may take a while!



And after brief thoughts of simply hanging it with thumbtacks in the wall I got a case of the guilts and added pockets in the back before I bound it.


It will end up mounted about our bed and don't tell B but I plan to make a whole heap of wall hangings to cover that wall completely.

And I didn't just get him this for our anniversary. He got a bottle of liqueur that he is now obsessed with thanks to our neighbour (Thanks Andrew!)

And he surprised me with this gorgeous necklace and a box of Lindt Truffles!


Totally unexpected too! It seems that man is getting better at keeping secrets and hiding gifts. 











2 comments:

  1. That is so beautiful and so personal! What a lovely gift you made!

    Happy anniversary! :) (Your necklace is lovely, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary! Stopping in to say hello from the And Sew We Craft Together linky party! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete