Sunday 5 May 2013

What I've been watching

Won't Back Down: This movie has Maggie Gyllenhaal in it. So I was sure to love it from the start. Do you have a actor that you just love for no apparent reason? I do, a few actually. And Maggie is one of them. This is a great story about a single Mum (or Mom rather since it's American) that just well won't back down. She wants the best for her daughter and the school system just isn't working. So she does whatever she can to change it. It is a heart warming movie about struggle, perseverance and an underdog! I loved it!


Silver Lining Playbook: First the first half of this movie I was left thinking WTF is going on. Maybe I was a bit slow on the uptake, or it was just plain crazy, but I did get there in the end and I did end up enjoying it. It's not a movie I would watch over and over again, but certainly something that I would watch again.

People Like Us:I loved this movie! Elizabeth Banks is another of my favourite actors. And she is stellar in this movie. Chirs Pine is pretty damn good too! The run down of the movie is, Chris Pine's character is tasked with settling his recently deceased father's estate and he discovers that he has a sister whom he never knew about, it leads both of them to re-examine their perceptions about family and life choices. This movie made me shed a few tears. It is one I will watch again and again!


Celeste and Jessie Forever: This movie was so just so wrong so many times that it made it so right. The humour was a little off at points, but it was still funny. It is about childhood sweethearts that think they are meant to be together forever, but aren't!












 Have you been watching any movies lately? What should I watch next?

No comments:

Post a Comment