Friday 3 May 2013

{Recipe} Orange Cake


Ingredients:

250g Sugar
Juice and rind of 1 Orange
170g Butter
4 eggs
50g Milk
250g Plain Flour
1 tbsp baking powder

Thermomix Instructions:

Pre-heat oven to 170 degrees celius
Place sugar and rind into TM bowl and mill for 10 seconds on speed 8.
Add the butter and eggs and mix for 20 seconds on speed 5.
Add milk, juice, and flour and mix for 30 seconds on speed 6.
Add baking powder and mix for 5 seconds on speed 6.
Pour cake mixture into a greased and lined 20 cm cake tin.
Bake in a pre-heated over for 45-55 minutes.

Serve sprinkled with icing sugar.

Standard Instructions:

Grate the rind of one orange and add to sugar. Mix well with a hand mixer.
Add butter and eggs and mix well until 'creamed'.
Add milk, juice and flour and mix well again. Finally add baking powder and combine well.
Pour cake mixture into a greased and lined 20 cm cake tin.
Bake in a pre-heated over for 45-55 minutes.

Serve sprinkled with icing sugar.

7 comments:

  1. Looks absolutely delish! I must try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks completely lovely! And perfectly evenly coloured...I do so love an evenly baked cake!!! Pintertesting this now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great minds Amy. I'm making a Mandarin Cake for Mother's Day. I'll have to try your recipe sometime. Thanks so much for linking up.

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! I've just come from the Linky Party to have a look at the cake... I do love a good cake recipe. I never seem to make as many cakes as I'd like! If you absolutely HAD to add icing (say, the kids wouldn't eat it without an icing layer) would you do just a thin glaze icing with lemon or orange juice? Or a cream cheese one, or something totally different? I don't know how this would go in a lunchbox without a little icing... I have a picky one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A thin orange juice glaze icing would be great. Cream cheese might work, I will have to try that one. If you try it please let me know how you go :)

      x

      Delete
  5. Yummy yummy, love orange cakes!!! Thanks for this recipe!!! I have a Link Party every Sunday to Wednesdays, It would be so cool if you could join me if you'd like!

    Hope you are having a lovely day

    Hugs
    Cami @ TitiCrafty by Camila

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cami! I will pop over now and check out your blog :)

      Delete