Sunday 28 April 2013

Giant Star Quilt

I seen In Color Order's Giant Start Quilt tutorial a long long time ago. I pinned it and then forgot about it until about a month ago. I knew that I wanted to give it a go. And since it is turning in good snuggly under a quilt weather I thought now is a good a time as any to give it a go.

I recently picked up some Chevrons and a gorgeous Robert Kaufman print, London Calling and knew they would be perfect for this quilt.



Now I planned it out on paper then sat down to put it all together.

I thought I had it all planned perfectly, then I finished it. Held it up and noticed that I really could have done it a whole lot better!





So next time I am not to plan quilts at midnight and wake up early the next day and start doing them. I still like it, A LOT. But I am kicking myself that the prints in the star points don't match up.

It doesn't matter though, I could always make another one, right!?


And Sew We Craft Together
 Show & Tell Thursday's

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah, I was a bit bummed that I made a rookie mistake of not matching up the star point fabrics. But it is a super quick quilt pattern that I plan on doing another one this week.

      Thanks so much for stopping by to comment.

      Amy x

      Delete
  2. I don't think it look bad that the points are not matching fabrics. It really looks good. Sometimes those midnight inspirations are there for a reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Shar! I do love the quilt top. I will be making another one in different fabric this weekend.

      x

      Delete
  3. I think it looks lovely
    I've seen another of these floating around blogshpere today and thought to myself LOVELY

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it alot! and those fabrics are just delicious! Thanks for linking up - nice to have you along!

    ReplyDelete