Monday 1 April 2013

Charmy goodness

Since unpacking all of my fabric, I have discovered two things.

1. I have a lot of fabric.

2. I really need to start using some of it before I buy anymore.

Those two points were what prompted me to make the kids some charm quilts for Easter. That and it is starting to cool down here so the kids will need some more blankets since we don't own a heater and the locals have been telling us it gets down to 0 degrees Celsius here in winter!

Mahli's quilt was backed with a nice cosy flannel. I can't remember what this one was called. I think I bought it about 4 years ago. It is lovely though. 


Because the top was so so pink, I chose to use plain white for the binding. 

I think it helps to tone down the pinkness of the top.


The top was a charm pack of 30's Playtime and the boarders were Sweet Broderie from Rosalie Quinlan.


It measures approx 40 inches x 36 inches and Mahli has tested out it's size and has declared it just right.




4 comments:

  1. Oooo, I LOVE 30's fabrics! I also have a huge stash, have been collecting for many years. Quilting is so fun, wish I had a little more time to do it. Love the post!
    Gloria @ resourcefulgals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those fabrics and the quilting. I think straight quilting near the edges looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete