Sunday 17 March 2013

Finished

You are probably sick of this quilt by now, but I just had to share. It is finally finished!

It only took about 8 months, but when I started it I had no clear vision of what I wanted to so with the fabrics.



But I am happy with the results!

the back




It is now taking pride of place on our lounge as we long for cooler weather (it is supposed to hit 40 degrees Celsius again today!)


Are you longing for cooler weather or are you just coming out of winter and longing for long summer days?

I am linking up here:
TGIFF!
Sundae Scoop
That DIY Party
Creative Bloggers Party 
Under the Table and Dreaming
Think Pink Sunday
I Made It Monday
Just Something I Whipped Up

11 comments:

  1. It is lovely, Amy!

    (Every quilter should have a plain dark couch especially for quilt photos too! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tonya!

      This is our new couch, it is good for quilt photo's, isn't it? ;)

      Delete
  2. So beautifully colourful! I hope it cools down soon for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bright colors you chose! I wish we had cooler weather to need such a quilt. It was in the 80s this weekend in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amy!
    Visiting you from And Sew We Craft Together :)
    I love your quilt, it screams "Spring!"
    I love also your Table Top Pressing Board DIY: I think I have to craft one!
    Tx for sharing,
    your newest GFC follower :)
    MammaNene

    SergerPepper.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  5. That quilt came out so pretty well worth the 8 months ;) Thanks for sharing on We Made That!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful quilt you will treasure it for ever - I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have chosen beautiful colors for your quilt and it came out great! Thanks for sharing at TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this is so fun and cheerful! What a lovely quilt!

    ReplyDelete