Monday 4 March 2013

Day 18: Watermelon and Orange Smoothie

This smoothie really is as simple as the title suggests. Watermelon, Orange, a tsp of chia seeds and some ice and you have a smoothie!


This smoothie was simply brought about because well our local supermarket was severely lacking in fresh fruit and vege when I went in to stock up on super supplies. The watermelon has only been in the fridge a day and really needs to me used ASAP!  Hence it's inclusion in today's smoothie.

Even though this smoothie has very simple origins. It still tastes great and is super refreshing. Which is just what I needed after trying to go for a walk with Ethan in the pram after school drop off. He just doesn't like going for a walk after school drop off and spends the whole time screaming at me and telling me we are going the wrong way!

Ingredients:


Quarter of Watermelon
two oranges
cup of ice
1 tsp chia seeds

Blitz in blender and enjoy.

This post is a part of my 31 Days of Smoothies Series. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh yum!!! Orange is one of my all time favorite flavors! Must try!

    ReplyDelete