Wednesday 30 January 2013

Smiley Happy Giraffe

I really wanted to learn some new craft skills this year, and one of them was to start stitching.

Now I am a complete stitching/embroidery newbie. So I thought the best way for me to start was to grab some simple kits.

Except I couldn't decide on just one or two so I got... 6.
These kits are from here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/rubyinthedustnz




And I started on one yesterday. This giraffe is just gorgeous and pretty straight forward to do.

I made some more progress on it last night. And hope I can show you it all finished and pretty soon.



Do you stitch? How did you learn? 

I am linking up here:
And Sew We Craft
Reasons to Skip The Housework
Tuesday to Do link party
Too Cute Tuesday
My Creative Space

4 comments:

  1. Ohh that is so cute! I learnt to crochet, stitching is next on my list! Is it hard?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't comment much on how hard it is, I have only being doing back stitch, which is super easy. I'll let you know how I go when I venture into a harder stitch type x

      Delete
  2. Big props to you! I am so scared of embroidery, looks so difficult but you are inspiring me, oh and giraffes are my favorite animal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the kits - good luck

    ReplyDelete