Tuesday 29 January 2013

Milo and Coconut Cookies


We are the midst of a big back to school bake off at the moment. I am madly stocking the freeze with sweet and savory lunch box items that will hopefully last us a few weeks if not a month.

One of the things we baked were Milo and Coconut Cookies (or biscuits). I used an old Chocolate biscuit recipe I had scribbled in my recipe notebook and instead of cocoa powder I used Milo.

I think they turned out great. If you try them, please let me know how you went. 

Ingredients: 
  • 125g butter
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup self raising flour
  • 1 cup shredded (or desiccated) coconut
  • 2 tablespoons Milo
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
  •  3/4 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup choc chips

Method:

  1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
  2. Melt butter
  3. Mix all dry ingredients in bowl
  4. Create a well in the middle of dry ingredients and add melted butter, egg and vanilla essence.
  5. Mix well
  6. Roll dough into table spoon size balls and place a lined baking tray. Remember to allow space for the cookies to expand. 
  7. Cook for approx 10-15 minutes depending on your oven
  8. Hide from the kids or you won't have any left for school lunches. 

I am linking up here:
Thriving on Thursdays
    Online Cake Decorating Class

    11 comments:

    1. Milo and Coconut, sounds like a yummy combo. Often the recipes you just throw together turn out the best.

      ReplyDelete
    2. My 4yo daughter and I baked these this morning - very yummy. Served them up for morning tea with my parents and even my mum who doesn't like milo enjoyed them Will definitely make again.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks for letting me know, Jodie! Glad you liked them, you just made my day!

        xx

        Delete
    3. These are the kind of recipes I love Amy. The kids will love these for their lunch boxes or afternoon tea. I'm featuring this at tomorrow's Thriving on Thursday party. Thanks so much for linking up.

      Anne xx

      ReplyDelete
    4. These sound really yummy. My kids will love them. Time to get cooking!

      ReplyDelete
    5. These are really, really good and super quick!

      ReplyDelete
    6. Sounds like a great recipe! Will have to try it out :)

      ReplyDelete
    7. Yum! Made these today. They're like coconut rough!

      ReplyDelete
    8. Just made a batch...my toddler immediately went mmm! Very easy to make. A keeper recipe!

      ReplyDelete
    9. These cookies were delicious and a big hit with kids, was hard to stop at just one. Great as an after school snack.
      Great recipe.

      ReplyDelete
    10. Thanks so much for sharing my Milo and Coconut Cookie recipe! I think I am going to have to make some today.

      ReplyDelete