Friday 25 January 2013

BOM Progress!

This week I really wanted to start sewing again. I hadn't been able to because we had no room for me to set anything up and also nowhere to store my fabric. So everything had been left in boxes and put in the storage room.

One project in particular that I wanted to get back into was my blocks for Fat Quarter Shops 2012 Mystery Designer Block of the Month Club. I am so far behind and I just signed up for the 2013 blocks so I would really like to have it all pieced before the 2013 blocks start arriving.

And guess what?! I actually did make some progress on them.

I pulled out three of the block packs and cut all the required fabrics.




AND I pieced one last night!
Please excuse the bad lighting, I was excited I finished that I just snapped a photo on my phone at 11pm last night!
 I am hoping to piece the other two today!

I feels so good to be making stuff again. It is totally what I needed as I have been pretty down this week. Moving across the country really is hard work...

So what about you have you made anything lately? 


I am linking up here:
Twinkle in the Eye
One Creative Mommy
See Vanessa Craft
Creations, Quilt, Art, Whatever by Nina-Marie
The Pin Junkie
The Stichin Mommy

3 comments:

  1. Looks great Amy - go on you for getting stuck in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have finally been getting things done in my studio too. It feels SO GOOD! Cute block!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great! I love the fabric. I have just booked into a six week patchwork course. I hope I'm as good as you soon :-)

    ReplyDelete