Tuesday 28 August 2012

The post about knees...

I came to a realisation this morning, things that used to weigh on my mind just don't any more. This is going to sound oh so stupid, but I hate my knees, always have. Even when I was a size 8 skinny minnie. For as long as I can remember I have hated my knees, I am talking way back to primary school hatred of my knees. But while I still hate my knees, I just don't care if people see them anymore.

The weather is turning warmer here in Queensland and dresses and shorts are coming back out of the wardrobe. I put on a new dress this morning, I didn't realise that it was as short as it is and went to put on a pair of leggings under in, but it would just be to hot today for leggings, so I didn't.  Yes, you heard right people, TOO HOT today to wear leggings. Winter is now over in Queensland!

I just realised how bad Ethan mirror needs cleaning, I only did it last week...
So I ventured out on the school run this morning and too the shops with my knees exposed and it felt good. Whilst I would still love to lose the excess weight that is hanging around, I have decided that it is still my body and that I need to feel comfortable in it, exposed knees and all! 

Do you have a body part that you just don't like? Do you try to cover them up?

2 comments:

  1. Knees here too!!! I have been in tears this week with this weather & not being able to cover up with jeans. BTW, love the dress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The knees strike again! I haven't been able to wear jeans for about a fortnight. It is just too hot. I have been wearing a lot of maxi skirts though :)

    ReplyDelete