Friday 17 August 2012

New standards are on their way for child restraints

I received a press realease in my inbox this week that had me smiling from ear to ear and uttering the words 'about bloody time!' It simply stated:

On the 13th August 2012, Standards Australia released a draft of the revised Child Restraints StandardAS/NZS1754. The draft introduces a number of significant changes to the way Australian and New Zealand children will be restrained in cars in the future.

A new category of child restraint with an in-built harness for children from approximately six months up to eight to ten years of age will be introduced as will an introduction of testing and defining child restraints that are suitable for babies that are of low birth weight or premature.

At present the draft is open for review until October, but if passed, changes should come into effect sometime next year.

You can find more information HERE.



Are you as excited as I am about these new changes? 

I also a Q&A document that I can forward to you if you are interested. Just email me via the contact tab and I will send it to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment