Wednesday 9 May 2012

Finding our rhythm

rhythm  [rith-uhm] 

noun
 
movement or procedure with uniform or patterned recurrence of a beat, accent, or the like.
 
image source
Our home has none at the moment, I am grappling to complete tasks, I am struggling to manage the kids behaviour... They are only behaving this way because of me though. I know that if I just pulled my socks up and got my sh*t together everyone would be happier. 
 
Everything is in limbo at the moment, B's work, my work, my treatment plan for PCOS... I don't function well with to many unknowns in my life. 
 
I need rhythm and routine just as much as the kids do. 
 
So that is what is going to happen. I am going to be playing around with a few things over the next few weeks to try and figure out what works for us. But our morning routine needs a shake up. I think I am going to have to get up at 5am when B leaves and get my coffee and breakfast over and done with before the kids get up. 
 
Do you get up before the kids? I am up at 6am with Caden every morning, but I think I need a head start on him and the day. 
 
Do you have a family rhythm or routine? Or do you work best when winging it? 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I definitely have a family routine and always have! My kids are now aged 8 and 11, and believe me, they still work much better with a morning and evening routine. If I left them to their own defences and choices, they would totally get nothing done!

    ReplyDelete