Sunday 15 April 2012

Have I told you that I love chevrons?

Even if I haven't you probably could of guessed from my blog background, right?!

Well anyway, our dining chairs were looking so so sad and neglected. Weet bix has not been kind to our dining chairs.

Do you have that problem at your place with Weet Bix? Does it always ends up on your chairs, floors, everywhere really?!

Anyhow here is what our chairs looked like before I attacked them with a screwdriver, staple gun, new fresh fabric and some batting.



And now:


 


And a side by side to show you just how bad the chairs were...


I did fall a bit short on fabric so am waiting for some more to arrive in the post so I can finish all 8 of our chairs. But I am really happy with the result.

Are you a fan of chevron prints? Or do they leaving you feel meh?

I am linking up here, and here, and possibly somewhere over here too. 

14 comments:

  1. I am also obsessed with chevron prints!!!! Yellow and grey are my faves. I can't believe you recovered these chairs yourself-absolutely gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really isn't that hard, I promise! I might do a tutorial when I finish of the other chairs. I will just have to make sure B is home so I have a spare hand to take photos.

      Delete
  2. They look fab Amy! Wow, what a difference. Dont forget to scotch guard them ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh don't you worry I have and will be doing the others as soon as they are finished :P

      Delete
  3. New GFC follower from the #UBP12! Looking forward to your posts :)

    Jessica
    youngatheartmommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by Jess. I will pop on over and visit you soon! x

      Delete
  4. Oh, I wanted to recover my previous dining chairs, but never got around to it. I have new chairs now - thanks mum - but have plans to make changeable protective covers for where my three year old sits. I should really just do it and blog it before he outgrows his Pro Hart tendencies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The chair looks great - you did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, love the chairs, they look great! I am a *massive* fan of chevron print. I am dying to get a few chevron cushions for the couch and am eyeing some bed covers as well. Yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very in love with chevron prints though I don't own any (yet). I think the grey looks fab on your chairs and you did a great job covering them. And yes, I do understand your weetbix dilemma ......

    ReplyDelete
  8. It seems that you had purchased new chairs.
    A hug.
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, my chairs look EXACTLY the same! Darn Weetbix hehe!
    Beautiful job, I need that tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yup. Weetbix goes everywhere here, too. I don't love it at all.
    Just love the end result. Great job!

    ReplyDelete