Wednesday 27 July 2011

My creative space

I have been following on from my plans from last week and both scarves are pretty much finished, but alas I forgot to take photos and my knitting has been packed away up high so the kids don't get into it as they have been pulling my WIP's of the needles!

I have also decided on the jacket pattern for the boys, and will be using the Downtown Boy Pattern from Make it Perfect, just not sure what size to go with. I would like them to be able to use them next year too, but at the same time, I don't want them to be too big for this year... decisions, decisions.

We also have a birthday party to attend this weekend so I have had to allocate some time to making the birthday girl a gift. We decided to make her a dress and matching Bit of Whimsy Doll. Her dress is made,

but the doll is a work in progress...

The kids even got their creative spaces mojo on yesterday with a bit of painting in the front yard while Ethan was sleeping.

It was great fun until Mahli started painting her arms... why must that child always paint herself and not the paper??? She thought it was great until she decided she hated being dirty... Today they are playing with edible playdoh, we haven't used it before so wish me luck!

I am also making some progress on my quilts too. I ordered some batting yesterday so hopefully it arrives early next week and I may have some photo's to share with you.

Be sure to pop on over to Our Creative Spaces and check out all the majorly talented peeps that hang out there on Thursdays!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you have a few budding artists there! :) Thanks again for all the cool gifts! I love the pillow...it just looks perfect in that rocker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this dress is great, I made also a dress like yours :-)))
    greatting from Poland!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have been busy!! Sewing up a storm, getting the whole family involved in creativity. Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute dress - I have photos of my two covered in paint and there was no paper in sight:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know! What is it that we start with a goal in mind (like painting on paper) and it goes haywire so damn quickly and suddenly the smallest blonde one is the canvas and I'm thanking God I bought Crayola paints because at least they'll wash out. Love the dress by the way!

    ReplyDelete