Monday 7 March 2011

housework... does it ever end????

It feels like I only just finishing cleaning the house when I have to start all over again! Is it just me or do you feel like that too?
Between the kids rooms, the living areas and the never ending washing I feel like I am drowning in domestic chores!
I feel bad for the kids because they would love to do more fun activities but I am to busy cleaning most days to participate. How do you find a balance??? Do you even have a balance or are you stuck in cleaning limbo like me?

If only I was more like Martha...
Martha Stewart's Homekeeping Handbook: The Essential Guide to Caring for Everything in Your Home

3 comments:

  1. I know the feeling!! I do the must do's - bathroom, floors, make/change beds, and the washing, obviously. Anything less important that won't kill us just fits in. Ironing is on an as needed basis, dusting...well, at least I know where the dust is *wink*.

    It is a juggle though. Have you tried Skipper's domestic guru site?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I totally agree. Housework is so boring and I really noticed how much dirter my house gets with rug rats. Ive recently cheated and hired a cleaner for two hours on a Friday. Its bliss, I come home from work on Fridays to a clean house! She just does the open plan lounge, kitchen, dining and bathroom but it really takes the pressure off me now that Im working 3 days a week.
    I still vacuum every day, wipe down the toilet and bathroom every 2nd night and do the kitchen 3 times a day but to know that my floors are getting mopped once a week and the bathroom has had a through clean, its is just priceless.

    Hope you find the answer and when you do please share with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Nadine, I am so envious of you. If my budget could afford a cleaner we would so have one. I think I am feeling like this more now that I have returned to work. Even though I work less that 15 hours a week, I would like to spend alot of my time at home doing things with the kids. But there is always something that needs cleaning, cooking, folding etc! Rach, Lol about the dust! I get to the dusting about once a month at the moment which is just too far in between dusting. I will check out Skipper! Thanks

    Good to hear I am not the only one feeling this way!

    ReplyDelete