Friday 27 September 2013

Crochet Along Update aka Amy's awful eyesight...


The crochet along has been going on for over a month at ASWC and so many people have made great progress on their blankets. Me, not so much.

I am only 4 rows in. Sad I know! The thing is my I recently found out I was long sighted and that is why all hand work has been a painful experience for me lately. My eyes were getting tired really really fast and I was ending up with awful headaches ALL. THE. TIME.

So I have always been putting it off because I knew that the headaches and sore eyes would be coming not long after I started.

I had my eyes checked a few weeks ago and received a call the other day to say that my glasses are still a few weeks away (the beauty of living in a remote location!) So crochet and me won't be buddies again until my glasses arrive.

And then I can also finish a few more projects that require some hand sewing! Yay!

Do you wear glasses? When was the last time you had your eyes checked? Do you crochet?


2 comments:

  1. Yes I wear glasses. I'm short sighted but need to wear them all the time. I get them check every 12 months to 2 years. They were continually getting worse and worse but I haven't changed the last few check ups. I tend to take advantage of free glass through my health fund though (seriously have to spend that money somehow) so get new ones each year. Yes I crochet but like you I have progressed in the crochet along. Like haven't started lol. I have the wool ready to go though. That counts right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Well that makes me feel better about my progress!

      My healthfund was pretty good with my glasses, I got most of the money back. They were expensive up here in the Pilbara. I am going to get my eyes check again when I go to Perth in a few months and try some specsavers glasses.

      Delete