Saturday 6 July 2013

Dressmaking...

A couple of weeks ago I order some gorgeous voile from Hawthorne Threads with the plan to turn them into some dresses, skirts, tunics and tanks for myself.

I have never really been confident enough to make clothes for myself but I have made the kids some clothing in the past.

I have now purchased all the patterns and have some Swedish tracing paper in my hot little hands so next weekend I am locking myself up and getting a start on them.

The patterns I will be using are the School House Tunic.

The Staple Dress (I plan to make more than one of these...)



Another Sorbetto from Collette 




A Washi Dress




And also finally start on the 4 dresses from the Summer Dresses Course over at Whipstitch.



Do you make any of your own clothes? 




2 comments:

  1. I have made myself a few maxi skirts ( because they are super easy! ) but I have also bought some fabric and patterns with plans to make a few summer dresses for myself. Dresses for my baby girl are relatively easy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far this year, all my new clothes have been made by me. Next on my list to do is improve my skills and step up my level of sewing difficulty. On the look out for a perfect pair of pants to make.

    ReplyDelete