Monday 17 June 2013

No Sew Monogrammed Hoop Art Tutorial

On Sunday I shared that I am trying to add as much colour to our home as I can. And one way was by making some wall art.

I made this one over the weekend and am sharing how I made it today over at And Sew We Craft.

But the plan is to create a monogrammed hoop art wall with all our intials. And I thought I would do it a quicker way instead of hand stitching all the letters down. So I broke out the heat and bond I have been saving for a rainy day and got to work.



What you need:


Iron on Adhesive
Fabric for letter
Background Fabric
Iron
Scissors
Letter Stencil (or simple draw freehand)
Pencil
Embroidery Hoop (mine is a 5 inch hoop)

How to:

Follow instructions on your Iron on adhesive to adhere your letter fabric to it.




Draw your letters on to fabric and cut out


Mark on your background fabric where you would like your letter to go.




Peel of backing and iron on fabric following the instructions on your iron on adhesive.




Put fabric on your hoop.




Trim excess fabric.



And your done!

Now I just have to repeat for my other 4 letters, but I am still waiting for the rest of my embroidery hoops to arrive so I still have some time up my sleeve.



4 comments:

  1. What a cute idea!! Would be a great quick present idea for a new bub!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alyce, yes it would make a great gift!

      Delete
  2. Oohh very clever, love this thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute I live embroidery hoop art :)

    ReplyDelete