Wednesday 5 June 2013

Green thumb


We are trying our hands and growing some of our own vegetables again. We had a small vegie garden back in Queensland, but so far nothing here. And I was getting really sick of not being able to buy something as simple as baby spinach every time I wanted it.




So so far we have planted a small selection of herbs, some chillies, tomatoes and we are waiting for out spinach and lettuce to sprout. On and I planted some dwarf sunflowers too, just because they are pretty.



I also bought some of the little gardener range for the kids. They have a lolly plant (stevia) and some strawberries. I bought myself some strawberries too. And thankfully all have sprouted so far. Those plants are all living on a windowsill inside at the moment and I don't want to freeze them!


Fingers crossed I managed to keep them all alive!

3 comments:

  1. I love the little seedling pots where did you get them from?
    Shell :)
    http://spectacularkidsminiplayscapes.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shell,

      I picked these ones up from K-Mart, but you can also order them online from mrfothergills.com.au

      Amy x

      Delete
  2. Good luck!! We grew basil last year and it went beserk! This year we've got tomatoes planted, and I keep nagging my husband to get some basil, so hopefully this weekend. The tomatoes are thriving too, with lots of little green tomatoes popping up, so hopefully we'll have a summer of beautiful homemade pasta sauce!

    ReplyDelete