Friday 15 March 2013

Learning.

This year I really wanted to learn some new skills and one of those skills was crochet. I really really want to learn how to crochet. I have been trying to teach myself for about 2 years and it is just something that I can't do. I always get annoyed at myself and give up. Then try again a few months later, it is a revolving cycle of frustration.

But since I noticed the Crochet Ripple A Long going on over at One Crafty Mumma I have had a renewed passion to give it another go!

 I have been watching You tube video after You Tube video,


I ordered some new wool,


dug out my crochet hooks and well I have chained 199 stitched and pulled them out repeatedly.

I've chained another 199 stitched and tonight once the house goes quiet I will be tackling that first row of stitches... again.

Wish me luck!


4 comments:

  1. Love your yarn colours, Amy! Where did you order from? Come on, we need details - brand, ply, etc! So we can copy you of course ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The yarns are from Suzy Hausfrau and are cascade brand- http://www.suzyhausfrau.com.au/collections/cascade

      They are just gorgeous in real life.

      Delete
  2. good luck! ripple blankies are great fun to crochet! and nice and easy once you get a rhythm going.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those colours. I want to learn how to crochet again, too. Haven't done it since childhood and those wave blankets are adorable. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete