Wednesday 27 February 2013

Day 13: Cucumber and Pineapple Smoothie

Something I really struggle with is adding vege to my smoothies or having solely vegetable smoothies. It is something I am hoping to do more in the series, but again sourcing the vegetables is hard here.

I have a super long wish list of what I would like to grow at home, and hopefully come spring I will have a lovely source of fresh produce in my backyard (that is if I can figure out a way to stop my dogs from eating it!)

Anyway I had some pineapple and cucumber in my fridge that needed to be used as well as some coconut milk from yesterdays smoothie that needed to be used and that is the truth on how this smoothie came about.

And I have to say, I like the results! It is really refreshing!



Ingredients:


1/2 Lebanese Cucumber
1/4 Pineapple (peeled)
1 cup Coconut Milk
1tsp chia seeds
1tsp linseed meal
Ice

Blitz in blender and enjoy!


This recipe is a part of my 31 Days of Smoothies series.

Do you make vegetable smoothies?  What type of vege to you use?

2 comments:

  1. Wow-I never would have thought to put those 2 together! I'll have to try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you do Amy, I'd love to hear your thoughts x

      Delete