Tuesday 25 September 2012

School Holiday Hunger Busters

We are only half way into the first week of school holidays, but I am already so sick and tired of hearing the kids utter the words 'I'm hungry Mum, what can I have to eat?'

So this morning I cut up some fruit and vegetables and paired them with a dip and ta da! A tasting plate to last the day.
 In the platters are:

  • celery
  • carrot
  • blueberries
  • grapes
  • bananas
  • apple
  • cheese
  • water crackers
  • corn relish

I have everything crossed that this keeps their nagging at bay. Now I just have to deal with the 'I'm bored' chanting. When really we have a hundred and one things we can and are doing.

What snacks do you have to beat the I'm hungry nagging? 


1 comment:

  1. What great choices they have for snacks! We have fruit and cheese crackers.

    ReplyDelete