Sunday 9 September 2012

DIY: Table Top Pressing Board

I don't know about you, but I find the task of getting out the ironing board, setting it up, using it and then packing it away oh so tedious! I have been meaning to make a Table Top Pressing Board for a long time. And well I finally did it last night. It took all of 20 minutes and I am pretty pleased with the results.

All you need is:

  • MDF or Plywood in your desired size- I used MDF that was approximately 18' x 24' as that is just what I had on hand
  • Batting
  • Fabric
  • Staple Gun
  • Scissors

Now I don't have any photos of these steps, but they are super easy. All you need to do is cut your fabric and batting to size and then wrap the batting around the board tightly and secure it in place with the staple gun.

Then do the same with the fabric.




And then hey presto, you have a table top pressing board. Now there is no need to wrestle with the ironing board when you only want to press a few seams! Yippee!!

5 comments:

  1. I am so having an ironing table in my homestead, i think it will be life changing. That & the fact it will be in a mud room, yay!! A pretty Amy Butler one would be divine, however, i have a Cath Kidston one stored in my brain for forever ago. Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful idea! I almost wrecked our dining room table on the weekend by doing some ironing on a towel. Its just not worth getting out the ironing board for every little thing! Especially when you're sewing and you're just ironing little bits and pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need one of these - plus some for Creative Craft Retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mum needs one of these. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a good idea! I have a small tabletop ironing board for this purpose, but it still gets in the way and is quite wobbly. Might have to have a go at making one of these!

    ReplyDelete