Tuesday 26 June 2012

The celebrations continue

Yes, this is the third day in a row that I have talked about Ethan's Birthday! And it probably wont be the last time this week that I mention something.

We had a BBQ last night for everyone to come over, the rain had set it, but we managed to dry off some fire wood to have our backyard fire going to take the chill of the wind and rain.

Caden declared that it isn't really your birthday unless there is cupcakes, so cupcakes were made.



I decided on a simple cake that was in the shape of Mickey Mouses head and then I was going to ice it in Red, Black and White. We scraped the red icing plans and were going to do Mickey's facial features with some rainbow sprinkles features also. Let's just say that it is a bad idea to have a four year 'helping'. The sprinkles went everywhere in the first 5 seconds, so we just covered the top of the cake in the sprinkles and called it a finished cake!


Ethan enjoyed the cupcakes,





and playing with his new toys,


And so did Caden and Mahli

And then it was time for cake!



I still can't believe he is 2!


2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Ethan!
    He's so cute... makes me really want to have a little boy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your little boy! You've just given me an idea for my son's upcoming 5th Birthday. I think I might be able to do that cake! YAY :)

    ReplyDelete