Monday 16 May 2011

Tuesday Treasures

image borrowed from weheartit


Sleep. I haven't been getting much of it lately. Little Ethan has been very wakeful and has been waking at least 3 times a night. B has been sharing the get ups, but we have both been exhausted. But a miracle happened last night. I put little Ethan to to bed at 7pm and didn't hear a peep from him until 6:45am! Glory Hallelujah! My little man does know how to sleep!

But don't put the cart before the horse, I still have two other children remember... yes? Well they decided that last night they would both need help going to the toilet. First Caden at 3:15, then Mahli at 3:45am. Followed by the absolute need of having to get into my bed! Cadens reason, his bed wasn't soft enough or cosy enough. Mahlis reason. She wanted to snuggle...

So this week I am treasuring the fact that Ethan has remembered how to sleep. At least I had a solid sleep from 11pm till 3:15am. Hopefully tonight I we can extend that further. And today I am touching as much wood as I can so that I didn't jinx myself with this post!


I am playing along with Melody today pop on over and see what everyone else is Treasuring.

10 comments:

  1. Amy I think every mother ever born understands your joy. You look back and think 'how did I do it' I'll touch some wood for you too! My Nan used to say 'this stage won't last forever it just seems that way at the moment'
    Blessings Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy I remember it well, who could forget? but it passes and we look back and wonder where the years went, cherish every moment with your littlies, they grow so quickly. cheers R.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good nights sleep is one of those treasures you take for granted .... until you don't get them..... wishing you lots of long sleeps...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Amy,

    Oh I remember the first night our last child slept through it was pure bliss. She was not a well child so of course we all thought the worst. I do know what you mean,heres hoping that each day gets better and you get that occassional sleep in. They will soon be grown-ups before you know it.
    Happy Mothering.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right, a good nights sleep is a pure joy.Hope you get lots, lots more. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, sleep is something we tend to take for granted , especially when we aren't getting any!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes lovely, this is one aspect of mothering we don't sing praise to! It will pass soon enough : )
    Hope you get some shut eye very soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. hope you get a good nights sleep tonight Amy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your post has brought back a lot of memories for all of us mums.. Sleep deprivation is something you don't forget...Hope everything goes ok...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember those nights well , with three little boys many nights had less sleep than I needed and wanted , I hope tonight will be a better night for you .

    ReplyDelete