Thursday 20 June 2013

Tears


There are tears flowing here today. Our beautiful black Labrador Angus has left us and I am just to sad for words.

Both our dogs got out of our yard yesterday morning and I spent all day looking for them. At about 5pm last night I received word that Bella had been found a few streets over from us, but that Angus was nowhere to be seen. It turns out that he was hit by a train and had to be humanly euthanised on site. They think he broke his back.

I can't believe he is gone and I feel so sad for Bella too. They have been inseparable since we bought Angus home 5 years ago. She just looks so sad. 

I haven't told the big kids yet as I found out after they were at school. B is in Perth until tonight too.

Sorry that this is all disjointed, that is just how I am feeling at the moment...




8 comments:

  1. Oh Amy, I'm so sorry. I really hoped this would have a happy ending for you. Thinking of you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart breaks for you, Amy, & your family. Love & light.
    Sar xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry Amy...losing such a sweet dog is never easy. Prayers...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellen.

      He’s presence is greatly missed in our home by both the human and animal occupants.

      The days are getting slightly easier, but he had such a big personality that the hole in our heart is just so big.

      Amy x

      Delete
  4. I am so sorry Amy about Angus, I am so sorry that you had to deal with this alone. Big hugs on their way to you xxxx

    ReplyDelete