Monday 23 July 2012

What I Wore...

I don't usually do these types of posts, but then it's not often I put on a dress and go out after dark now is it?!

We had a 21st birthday to go to last weekend and when I mentioned to B that I would need to buy a dress he wasn't impressed. I explained that I had nothing to wear and he did not believe me, so I proceeded to show him my wardrobe and he realised I wasn't joking.

I actually had nothing to wear!

I went to the first place I always go when I need new clothing and can't be bothered taking the kids shopping and checked out Birdsnest.

I found this gorgeous dress and knew it was for me.

I was a little hesitant that it would be just above my knees as well, me and my knees have a hate/hate relationship. I think they are UGLY!

But as soon as I put it on I forgot about my hatred towards my knees. This dress was just so comfortable, and the red belt was gorgeous. If only I had red shoes... (B put a stop to me purchasing shoes!)

My nude heels would have to do.


I am loving my new hair colour too. I finally went back to the hair dressers after a 4 month absence and no longer have 3 inch regrowth! 

Do you put on a dress and heels often? What are your favourite online stores? 



6 comments:

  1. Aw, you look gorgeous!! And you hair looks beautifully done too :) If I put a dress on, my son automatically thinks I must be going out with daddy, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alyce

      That’s so funny and cute about your son

      Amy x

      Delete
  2. Amy you are so pretty!
    THose heels work well as Katherine has shown us! I love a frock and heels, it always feels so special. I prefer to try dresses on in a shop but I do buy some things online and Ezibuy has provided some great bits and bobs as has Mod Cloth. But for something special i like to shop in the traditional sense!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks L!

      I love Ezibuy and Mod Cloth too!

      Amy x

      Delete
  3. You look great all dressed up! I hate shopping for clothes, I usually pick something up from Kmart. If I have a work function I am usually more comfortable in pants but last week I work a skirt with stockings & heels but every other woman wore pants. Can't Win!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I totally get being more comfortable in pants, I always get nervous when going to a function that I have got the dress code wrong, with the party on the weekend there were people in super formal dresses and others in jeans, I was nice and comfortable in the middle of the spectrum.

      Delete