Sunday 5 June 2011

#Trust30- Belief



It is easy in the world to live after the world’s opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own; but the great man is he who in the midst of the crowd keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude. - Ralph Waldo Emerson, Self-Reliance
The world is powered by passionate people, powerful ideas, and fearless action. What’s one strong belief you possess that isn’t shared by your closest friends or family? What inspires this belief, and what have you done to actively live it?

(Author: Buster Benson)

Honestly, I have struggled to write this post. I know there are many things that things that my Friends and family don't agree with me on. Small things like the fact that we use cloth nappies (friends don't understand this), that we have 4 cats, 3 dogs, birds and 2 guinea pigs (We are known as the farm...), The number of children we have (My in-laws never congratulated us when we told them we were pregnant with Ethan, they only asked B if it is what he wanted...) I asked B what is one thing we don't agree and all he said was Travel...
Yep, B and I certainly do not agree on the need to Travel. He hates travelling. Yes hate is a strong word, but it's true. He is happy to live in and experience his little pocket of the world where as I have big dreams of seeing the world. Before I met B I had travelled to Japan and since meeting him (I was 16 when we met) I have dragged him to Fiji, England, France,Vanuatu and even managed to get him to leave the airport in Shanghai so I could see the city for just one day. I believe it is important to experience other cultures and lifestyles. By doing so you can see the world from different points of view.
B isn't the only one that doesn't get this my own parents have no desire to travel outside of QLD. Which I think is truthfully strange on my Mums part seeing as she was born in Scotland and grew up near Canberra. Maybe he choose has more to do with her relationship with my father...

I want my children to experience the world and not want to stay in there own bubble. I hope that I am able to raise them with that belief. At the moment finances are to tight for me to be actively living out this belief. But my dreams are alive and a savings account is slowly building to enable this to happen.


What do you believe in that others have trouble understanding?

1 comment:

  1. Oh I'm like you...use cloth nappies although no friends to (although I did convert my sister) and love to travel. Hubby wasn't into travelling as for him growing up it wasn't something they did. I got him hooked though (and unfortunatley finances are too tight to do much at the moment).

    ReplyDelete